Monday, April 10, 2006

Student Government and Ideology

I guess it is Student Bar Association election time again because people are handing out candy with their names on it.  I was really surprised to find out that this stuff goes on at this level of educational system, but at the same time I don’t want to be a stick in the mud about it.  I don’t see any posters, so I guess they are not allowed – but if there were posters, I would run under the “one party, one ideology” platform.  I would have large posters proclaiming:

  • Free Healthcare for all law students

  • Doubling the size of the SBA government, and requiring a course in Hegel for all members.

  • The honor board will be dissolved and replaced with the “SBA Honor Board,” which will be an appointed position.

I spoke to a libertarian last semester, and he told me he has plans to run and reduce the SBA government by half and pass on the savings to all students.  We can’t allow this to happen!


No comments: